Tuesday, January 26, 2010

An update on my first piano piece:
I had it presented in class last thursday and it went over really well! Everyone seemed to like it, which is great, and they gave me some helpful ideas on how to improve. I am going to expand the opening material with more of my rhythmic alterations (4 sixteenth notes, and quintuplets) and also do this towards the end of the piece, and also change the ending.
The only change that will be used for this coming concert is the ending. With another composition being finished, and other work, and also leaving enough time for my performer to learn the music, I'll have wait until after the concert to do the other changes just because there isn't enough hours in the day.
I'm relatively happy with the new ending, I'll wait until Andrew plays it on piano to really see how it fits with the rest of the music, but hopefully it works out!

No comments:

Post a Comment