Sunday, January 31, 2010

So this will be a blog on my second piano piece.
Since it wasn't presented in class, I haven't had as many comments or suggestions about it. I originally had another idea in mind for the second composition, but the more I spent with that idea, the more I started to not like it. So I decided to try something new. Since the first piece had what I thought to be a flowing, or waterfall, feel, I decided to continue on with composing with a "nature" or an effect we can see or feel. I was composing at the piano in my house, and I saw the tree outside moving with the wind, so I thought about writing about wind. In the piece, it starts out with a gentle and slow movements, but gradually increase speed and direction. There is a part where it goes to a minor section, with a interpreted as a brewing storm, where the winds get more violent and malicious. It then comes back to a fairly calm state and starts to die away.
I loved hearing it performed live, and I got some pretty good complements about it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment