Tuesday, January 19, 2010

1st piano piece done

I just finished my first piano piece for the project.Well, when I say it's done, it's "pretty much" done. It's got a beginning and an ending, and hopefully I won't have to change much else in between! I called it "Cascade" because of the continuous descending triplet motion. I added a lot since my first sketch, such as more melodic material, a more concentrated harmonic progression and some alterations to the rhythm content. I'm fairly happy with it, I've played all of it on piano as I composed, but I'll have to wait until I give it to my performer to really hear the real thing.
So now I have to get started on my next piece! I think it's going to based on some of Bartok's works, and I have a pretty good idea of the character. The title "Thief" really comes to mind when I picture it in my head! So hopefully I can produce what I was on paper!

No comments:

Post a Comment