Friday, October 30, 2009

So the concert is over and done with! And I think that it was a huge success for everyone! It was really great to hear everybody's completed pieces in the Cook Hall. Although it was a very long concert, I think that we did all that we could have done to save time and make it run as smoothly as possible! There were no long delays or holdups, which was surprising given the number of performers!
I was very happy with my composition and performance, and really appreciated the hard work from my accompanist. She was great! I would like to get my hands on a recording, so that I can really hear what it sounded like, but overall I think that it went off wonderfully! Especially my third movement, which had the trombone playing into the piano. I was happy with the effects given off by the trombone and piano and thought that it portrayed exactly what I intended.
Now it's onto the second project. I think I'll do the text setting choice, and I'm not 100% what text I'm going to use yet. The past couple days I've been cooped up in my bed trying to fight off a cold, so I've been asleep rather than researching. But now I can hopefully get down to brass tax.
That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment