Thursday, October 22, 2009

I presented my 3rd movement last friday, and the performance didn't sound anything like it should have. The piano in the classroom sucks big time for my purpose because it's only an upright. But I think everyone got the gist of what I wanted to present. I was rather happy with most of it, and got very good comments, which I will incorporate when I edit it! Mostly it was that I need to write more things that have the trombone and piano playing together, and expanding on a motive that I have.
Currently, I am re-re editing my movements and taking all of the suggestions and trying to work them into the pieces! I'm re-organizing a lot of my material in my first movement. I discovered that a good way to make it flow better and keep the momentum going was to just put the same things in a different order. I'm also putting in more chords to give the piece a faster harmonic flow. Things look good right now! Can't wait for the concert! Should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment