Thursday, October 22, 2009

My 2nd movement was a slow process, in determining which ideas were appropriate and which were not. But I was finally able to narrow down and put together a rough sketch of it! I wanted to give it a heroic character to portray the lives and roles of life during the time of the dinorsaurs, and I'm pretty sure there had some heroic moments. I presented it to the class and were able to give me some good feedback on it and ways to improve! It was very dense and too much going on at the one time, while the piano part was very redundant and boring. I gave it a lighter feel and provided the piano accompaniment with interesting rhythms and a more supportive and also a solipsistic role. The next time I performed it, it went over much better and I was able to achieve more of what I originally wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment