Wednesday, October 20, 2010

blog 4

So it's been quite a while since my last post.

I've honestly been too busy working on the composition lately to find time to write something here! I guess that's a good reason??

A lot has been done since my last post. Most importantly, I'm "done"! At least, I feel like it's finished, so that's a good thing.

Looking back to my last post, I ended up finishing with a very different idea than I planned on. This piece has really morphed into something I didn't see back in september! I am proud that I kept truckin' on the original idea for the piece, even when I did want to change, or do something radically different. It stayed true to my original thought, and I'm happy it did!

I'm now trying to be as meticulous as possible with my editing as I can be. I've tried going over it again and again, and keep adding/changing details. I need to double check a few things tomorrow....

So I think I'll be able to submit my work on time, and without a mad rush! HUZZAH!

On another note, my concert band piece that I wrote last spring and entered in the Gower band composition competition, which I ended up getting 1st in :) , is being premiered next Saturday, which is SO exciting! I really can't wait to hear it, and write something new for the upcoming competition!

That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment