Monday, April 5, 2010

Finished!

Well well well....

It's been a little while since a post.
BUT EXCITING NEWS! I think I just finished my band piece! Hurraaaay!
I feel pretty good about it too! There are a few things that I need to fine tune, mostly orchestration issues, typical... but nothing too taxing! I'm pretty satisfied with the form. I think so anyway... when I hear the band play in on wednesday, I'll know for sure. Well I guess that will answer a lot of my questions and curiosities about this piece.
Since my last presentation, I had a sort of march like thing happening, which meant to lead into a new section/ climax (which it does, as it turns out). Last week I added a new melody that played right into my climax. Right after the high point, the texture slowly gets less and less, as does the dynamic and tension. Then there is a restatement of my opening material, only orchestrated mostly for woodwinds, instead of brass, and I finish it off with a direct restatement of the very opening percussion.

I feel pretty good about it all! I'll hopefully present tomorrow in class and hopefully everyone else will like it too. I wasn't able to present on thursday because I discovered Thursday morning that my car decided to have a flat tire, and I spent all morning at a garage.....-_-....

Thats it! Now on to printing parts for the reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment