Thursday, March 11, 2010

Since my last post I've really dug into the wind band tune. Last week I presented twice, which was nice. On tuesday it was impromptu because there was a lot of time left to the class and I had at least something to show. It wasn't much, since I wasn't prepared, but I had gotten a better idea of my piece done since my previous turn.
My main idea is still with a gradual build up to a climax, and then a gradual decay until the end. I'm working around an A flat lydian scale mostly, but not strictly. I am using a lot of major chords with added 2nds and 4ths, which creates a very neat dissonance.
I present tomorrow with a little more new material. I have a 2nd section started, and I want some feedback before I start to really dive in.
I have a pretty good overall structure in my head, which is comforting, since we don't have a whole lot of time left! yikes! I'm really enjoying composing for wind band, and hopefully be able to write some other pieces!
Well, I'll have a more up-to-date post shortly after tomorrows class.

No comments:

Post a Comment