Thursday, February 25, 2010

Ok it's been a little while!

Work has been crazy lately, so here is an update on my compositional life.

I recently passed in my finished copies of my 3 piano pieces. After I presented my last piece to the class, I was given the suggestion that I should more-or-less can the second half of it, and really try to expand the first half. I did that, which required a little bit of crunch composition to get it finished, but what's a couple of missed hours of sleep anyway? I was pleased with what I produced, and liked what that ended up being instead of my original draft. I expanded on the chordal progression that I had introduced and elaborated on it more intensely, I also did this to the rhythms and pitch directions and orders. I also had to re-do the ending of my first piece, which took a little bit of thinking and time, since I had been away from it for a while. The end result was a better and more appropriate ending, and arriving back to the "home key area".

So that is the finished updates for my piano pieces!

No comments:

Post a Comment